VIN Location in a Car
Most days, the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) in your car might seem insignificant, but it’s actually very important. Your car’s VIN is the equivalent of your personal Social Security number and it contains a lot of information about the vehicle – including what kind of engine it has, what is the exact paint color, etc. It’s good to know where you can find the VIN in your car, and we are happy to tell you where to look!
Why Does My Car Have a VIN?
Since the 1980s, all new vehicles sold in North America have a VIN. You will use it in the following circumstances:
- Registering your car with the DMV
- Applying for auto insurance
- Filing auto insurance claims
- Relocating your vehicle in the event of theft
- Retrieving mechanical information about your car when repairs are needed
- Learning about a model’s history when purchasing a used vehicle
Where is the VIN Located in My Car?
You can find your car’s VIN inside the driver’s door jamb or on the dash near the windshield.
Come to Us With Any Questions!
If you need any help finding the VIN in your car, please visit us here at Auction Direct USA! We have a location in Rochester/Victor, NY – along with Durham and Raleigh in North Carolina. We will be more than happy to help you out! You can also give us a call and talk to our friendly and helpful staff members.