If you have needed to inflate your tires but have had trouble getting the air valve cap off, you have probably been pretty frustrated. Sometimes, these caps can really, really get stuck and it can seem impossible to get them off without some kind of tool. Check out our guide to loosening those tight air valve caps below.
You might also be interested in: Where to find your car’s VIN
Steps to loosening your car’s air valve caps
What you will need:
Spray lubricant (WD-40)
2 snub-nosed pliers
- Rotate your wheel/tire so the cap is upside down from your point of view.
- Spray a small amount of lubricant onto the valve.
- Tightly grasp the base of the valve stem with pliers.
- Grasp the cap with your other set of pliers and twist until it becomes free.
- Replace cap after filling tire with proper amount of air.
It’s that simple. This process shouldn’t take longer than a few minutes, but if you still have trouble getting the cap off, try using more WD-40 and let it sit for a little bit before twisting again. Your tires require a lot of care. You should check your PSI levels regularly and get your tires rotated once every 5,000 miles or so. Come to Auction Direct USA to learn more about our services and how you can better care for your tires. We hope this simple guide saves you some frustration when you have to fill your tires with air.
Contact us with any automotive services questions you have